Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ask and you will receive

Most High, glorious God,
enlighten the darkness of my heart 
and give me
true faith, 
certain hope, 
and perfect charity,
sense and knowledge, Lord, 
that I may carry out Your holy and true command. Amen.
 
Saint Francis of Assisi

 This is one of my favourite prayer. When I repeat it, I feel I am asking God for all that is important to my life. 
When I am lost, when I don´t know what to do, I ask God to bring light to my heart.
When I feel that my faith is weak, that I have doubts, I ask Him to grant me a true, strong faith.
When I am sad, dissapointed, and dissilussioned with myself and with the ways the world are taking, I ask God a certain hope.
And when I see how selfish, in all ways, I can be, I ask He, who is allmighty, to give me a perfect charity.
But about all I ask  for that Knowledge that allows me to fulfill all that God is asking me to do.


Related links:
What does love look like?

No comments:

Post a Comment